Friday, July 11, 2008

4 weeks left, and my visit with Jonathan and Julie :)

Well today (technically yesterday, I suppose)I had my 36 week visit. Everything looks great. His heartbeat was an excellent 141 bpm. I gained a whole other 8 pounds today! So, altogether I've gained 17 pounds, which my OB was finally satisfied with. I have a little over average fundal height of about 38 centimeters(at 36 weeks most women are 35-36 cm, doesn't sound like much, but I guess there is a big difference according to my OB), which means he's more than likely going to be a BIG baby, fun fun! I can't believe it's almost time! It's a little nerve-racking, but exciting all the same.



And last week, I got to see Julie and Jonathan! That was a lot of fun, and I really appreciated them taking my little brother, Jake. We had a lot of fun. The first night we went to Outback, which was great! My brother loved it. :) Then, we went to San Marcos outlet mall for a few minutes of window shopping, before we headed of towards the bowling alley.

We stopped at their hotel first so Julie could get some socks. :)

We had an awesome time. I almost beat Jonathan, but he got me in the end by 10 points. I told him just wait until I have this belly out of the way, then he's done! haha :). Afterwards, we went to DQ (yum!) Where Julie, Jonathan, and Jake got oreo blizzards, I got a Thin mint blizzard, which was awesome.



The second day, the three of us went to the Cracker Barrel for breakfast, which was delicious :). And I, being paranoid, had gotten something on my WHITE shirt of course, and Jonathan&Julie were kind enough to take me back so I could change. We snatched my little brother from the house too, he just looked so lonely. So we couldn't figure out what to do, we just drove around for about an hour and a half, until we decided to go back to the outlet mall for more window shopping :). But, the evil Rocky Mountain (spotted fever, haha inside joke) Chocolate Factory had to seduce us with candied apples, brownies, and toffee, ha. Then we went to historic Gruene, TX for lunch, at the Gristmill. It was really good!

Julie had her first Chicken Fried Steak, which amazed me. I guess I'm just so used to it, and I never realized how much of a Texas thing it really is, haha.
We had a great time, and I can't wait to see them again, which shouldn't be too much longer at all!!

P.S. Thanks Julie&Jonathan for all the pictures I stole from your blog!! :D

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jonathan and Julie Davis said...

Jessica Renee with a K,

Its fun getting to catch up on your life via your blog. Oh wait, I was there when it happened. By the way, as I recall, at least the way I tell the story, there was nothing close about that bowling game. (Or it it a "match" in bowling?)

Seriously, I really do enjoy checking your blog (or at least hearing Julie say you have a new post and then checking your blog). And for that matter, I love hearing from Ju about y'all's phone calls, reading emails and your posts on our blog. It was even better just hanging out with you (and Jake) and getting to know you a little better in person.

We've been thinking about you, praying for you, and looking forward to seeing you again in just a few weeks! God has been so good to us to bring you into our lives!

Jonathan

Anonymous said...

Jessika,
This is Karen, Julie's cousin. I am so glad you have a blog you have chosen to share it with us! I feel like I know you! I am so very thankful God brought you and Julie and Jonathan together. His plans are so perfect...even when we don't understand them...
I'm impressed that you've only gained 17lbs!!! Wow! You are really doing awesome...Hang in there...you don't have much longer now. We will continue to pray for you and this precious baby boy.

THE WHITE HOUSE said...

Jessika,

Hi! This is Lindsay, Julie's friend in Texas. :) Just wanted to let you know that we are still praying for you and baby. We pray that you will have a safe and healthy (and fast) :) delivery! Looks like you had a great time hanging out with Julie and Jonathan. Your little brother is adorable! Best wishes!

In His Love,
Lindsay White